"Let me tell you a secret, something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment may be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be more lovely than you are now. We will never be here again." - Archilles, Troy.

Sunday, October 01, 2006



The Hair of Romance - 1940s
Rachel McAdams from "The Notebook"



I watched "The Notebook" for the Nth time today. It's hard to believe myself saying this but the more I watch this movie, the more I fall in love with it. Do you know McAdams and Gosling are currently dating? And that they are both born in the same hospital in London, Ontario? It is just so romantic!
I've always been a big fan of wavy hair -- mostly from "the grass is greener" symdrome. But also because I'm a die-hard romantic of the romantic. The medium long length into ringlets just big enough to put a finger through, a.k.a. the finger waves.

Instructional Directions:
Front. Section off front. Start with a row of clockwise curls along left part, follow this with a row of counter-clockwise curls, then a row of clockwise and lastly, a row of counterclockwise curls.
Left side. Place a row of counter-clockwise curls at hairline. In second row, wind curls clockwise and BRING THEIR STEMS FORWARD. The curls in the third row are wound counterclockwise with STEMS BROUGHT - BACKWARD. This gives needed body to thin hair. Repeat these instructions for the right side, reversing directions of curls.
Back. Sweep hair from behind right ear to left side, finishing with a wave ridge. Wind a row of counterclockwise curls up into ridge. Then make rows of clockwise curls wound with stems up.
Add pearls, vintage dress, gloves, peep-toe heels, and red lipstick and get ready for the romance of a lifetime.

2 comments:

BusyMamma said...

the notebook is my FAVE movie!! Not only because my husband proposed to me after we saw that movie but the movie itself is just so romantic- and Rachel McAdams is so damn stunning in that role!!

curiositykiller said...

I know... (sigh)